Summer is my favorite season for more than one reason, but one of the best reasons is the food! Summer is when all of my favorite fruits are plentiful and mangoes are at the top of my favorites list! I found this mango salsa recipe online years ago, and I’m not really positive which site it came from, but considering they are all pretty similar that’s ok:) I really love serving it with tortilla chips, like these blue corn ones from Whole Foods, or with Wheat Thins. Wheat thins are probably my favorite actually…definitely give those a try!
- 1 mango, peeled and diced
- 1/2 of a red bell pepper, finely diced
- 1 green onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons cilantro
- 1 jalapeño, diced
- Juice of 1/2 a lime
- Juice of 1/4 a lemon
- 1/4 cup of red onion
- Wheat thins or tortilla chips
- To start, decide if you want your salsa chunky or not. I prefer mine to be more pureed, but some prefer chunkier salsa.
- If you prefer it to be chunkier you may want to used a chopping machine such as this one to finely chop all of the ingredients and just mix them together in a bowl.
- If you prefer smoother salsa, as pictured, you will want to put your mango in a food processor and turn it on until the mango pieces are very finely chopped.
- Then add all of the other ingredients and turn it on chop for a few more seconds.
- The mango should puree itself, while all the other ingredients are finely chopped (you don’t want them to puree as well)
- I always like to refrigerate the salsa for 20 minutes or so before serving.
- Serve with your wheat thins or tortilla chips!
Voila! There you have it! We put this on our fish tacos last night and it made the entire meal! I am so excited to serve this all summer long!