Today’s recipe is one of those that kind of happens by accident, and you are SO glad that it did. I knew that I wanted to make us tilapia with veggies and rice, but I was sick of the same old tilapia with lemon pepper seasoning. I looked through the fridge to see what we had (not much lol) and I found a block of parmesan and some garlic. Well, I thought, I could make something out of that…..garlic parmesan you see that all the time! So, I put everything together and threw it on the grill, half expecting it to be just alright when it was done. It.was.so.good.
- Tilapia Filets
- Olive Oil
- Shredded parmesan (or a block and a grater)
- Minced garlic- fresh, in a jar, or dried in the spice aisle
- Salt, pepper, crushed red pepper
- Sides- I made balsamic asparagus and some Near East wild rice
- First, you are going to want to make yourself a tin foil pouch- like pictured. You just fold all sides of the tin foil until you have a little foil dish.
- You will want to put some olive oil down first so that the fish doesn’t stick to the foil.
- Coat your tilapia in olive oil, using a basting brush.
- Sprinkle garlic, parmesan, salt, pepper, and crushed red pepper on to both sides of the fish.
- Once you have placed your fish in your tin foil pouch, add a little extra parmesan to the top.
- Grill on medium/high until tilapia is cooked through thoroughly.
- Serve with your choice of sides!
- NOTE: This dish can also be baked in the oven if you don’t have a grill!
I kid you not, I made this for Wes and I for dinner, then the next day I had it for lunch….and a few days later I had it for lunch again. So good. Tilapia is by far my favorite type of fish…anyone else have a good tilapia recipe? Link it up in the comments below so I can check it out!