The 4th of July weekend is going to be here in the blink of an eye and I know I will not be lacking in the beverage department! With this cocktail and the Star Spangled Sangria I made last week, my family and I will be all set for the day! I have been doing really well with my healthy eating journey, eating Whole30 style during the week and a little more lax on the weekend, so I wanted to try and incorporate some aspect of healthy food into this one! It is made of real watermelon juice, lemon juice, a little bit of sparkling water, and some tequila. Oh, and don’t forget those blueberries, yum! I tried not to add any extra sugars if I didn’t need to and I think I did pretty well.
Now, I won’t go so far as to say that this is a healthy drink…I mean, tequila, but it’s better than some of the recipes I found for kool aid and gatorade bomb pop drinks. Now, don’t get me wrong, they LOOK amazing, but there is so much sugar!! Ahh! If you’re wanting a delicious, healthier drink, this one is for you! Enjoy!
- 1 Watermelon
- 4 lemons
- Sparkling Water
- Silver Tequila
- *Optional* White wine
- If you have a juicer, this drink is going to be SO much easier to make. Put your watermelon into it and it does all the work.
- If, like me, you don’t have a juicer you will need to cut your watermelon in to small chunks and place in a mixing bowl or tupperware container Take a fork or masher and start mashing your watermelon! Every once in a while you will want to strain the juices out and into your cup/mason jar/carafe.
- Once you have enough juice you can stop mashing! Woohoo!
- Add your lemon juice and sparkling water to taste. If you want a little more fruity taste, you can add a little dash of white wine as well!
- Throw that silver tequila in next!
- Add a little ice and throw some blueberries in there to give it a patriotic look, and there you have it!
- Drink it on up!
I hope you all enjoy your cocktails and have a safe and happy 4th!!