Some of you health nuts might scoff at this recipe seeing as though I am trying to eat healthier, but let me begin by saying that if it isn’t pasta I am doing so well! Haha! I am a pasta addict and could probably eat it every day for every meal in different ways and just be happy as a clam. Fat, but oh so happy:) Pasta is also my go to meal when I don’t know what to make or don’t feel like putting much effort into the nights meal. I realize though, pasta is not good…for you that is. It’s really a bunch of carbs with absolutely no nutritional value whatsoever. <sigh> It’s unfortunate, but it’s true…so here I am today with taco salad. This is really good taco salad though:) This batch turned out exceptionally appetizing looking…which is weird, because usually it looks like a wreck but tastes amazing! Lol!
- Ground beef
- Taco seasoning
- Beans – I used black, but you can use chili or kidney as well
- Frozen corn
- Red bell pepper
- Doritos or other corn chips
- French/Catalina dressing
- Cook your ground beed in a pan with the taco seasoning.
- Once it’s half cooked, add your chopped veggies (peppers and onions).
- Sauté these for a little while until they are soft.
- Add your beans and corn and cook until hot.
- Make a bed of lettuce in a bowl and add your cooked ingredients to the top.
- Add some French/Catalina dressing and crush some Doritos on top.
Note: If you want to serve it as a dish at a party, I would let the cooked ingredients cool down a bit then toss them with the lettuce, dressing, and chips in a big bowl. This is also SUPER good cold as left overs! If you plan to eat it later as well I wouldn’t mix all the ingredients together- they get soggy pretty quickly.
There are certain ways to make taco salad a little better on your diet as well if that’s what you’re looking for. For one, you could take out the Doritos (which I am very proud of myself for only putting 3 or 4 in this time) and you could cut back a little on the dressing or put it lite dressing. Well, I hope you enjoy and let me know if you serve this at your Superbowl parties next weekend!
PS: Head over to my Instagram for a chance to win a $360 Victoria’s Secret gift card!!