Doesn’t that look fantastic?! Angel food cake is one of those things that I could probably eat in its entirety within just a few days. Not that I’ve done that before or anything…haha:) And those strawberries…YUM! This dessert is fantastic not just because of the ingredients, but because it fulfills multiple cravings at one time. You need something a little fruity and tangy? Check! Need a little chocolate? Check! Need some light fluffy cake? Check! Oh, just go make it already!
- 1 cup cake flour
- 1 1/4 cups granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 cups egg whites
- A pinch of salt
- 1 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 1/4 cups sifted confectioners’ sugar
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Whisk the egg whites until they are foamy. Once foamy, add the cream of tartar, vanilla extract, and almond extract.
- Sift together flour, sugar, and salt. Repeat five times.
- Gently combine the egg whites with the dry ingredients by folding the dry ingredients in slowly with a spatula.
- Pour into an ungreased 10 inch tube pan.
- Cook for about 35-40 minutes, or until cake is golden brown.
- Let the cake cool upside down on a cooling rack. When the cake is cooled, remove it from the pan.
You could also go buy a box of angel food cake mix or even a pre-made one in the bakery section of your grocery store. Whichever way you choose to make it, let me know how it turns out!