This weekend was a crazy one. It was South By Southwest here in Austin, so Wes and I went out in downtown with some friends on Friday night. The night consisted of live music, free tacos, and free drinks, so needless to say it was a good one:) Saturday night we went to a housewarming party which was a fun time as well. I made this really awesome housewarming gift that involved wine corks and my new Silhouette machine! I’ll be sure to post a photo and maybe a tutorial sometime soon! We had quite the scare on Saturday night after the party when Sophie got ahold of half a bag of chocolate chips and had to be rushed to the emergency vet! They had to give her something to make her throw it all up and then monitor her for a while. It was so scary, but she is doing much better now. I’ll tell you, I didn’t let that little nugget out of my sight for the rest of the weekend. I gave her extra hugs and cuddles too!
Get The Look:
Target Flamingo Shirt & Polka Dot Cardigan // Forever 21 Skirt // Target Wedges // Charming Charlie Necklace & Handbag // Jawbone UP24
Today’s outfit makes me long for summer. Thankfully, it has been beautiful here in Austin lately and it is supposed to remain that way from now on. I’m happy because I love the heat and can’t wait for summer:) I wore the t-shirt version of this flamingo top a few weeks back here and when I saw that they had a button down I threw it into my cary immediately! I bought the cardigan the same day with this exact outfit in mind! The pattern mix with the dots and flamingos is adorable in my opinion and I just love how the entire outfit turned out!:) Is it getting nice out where you live? Are you starting to plan your summer wardrobe?
I cannot believe that this week is already almost over. I’m not complaining, lol…but it has gone by so quickly! That means it’s almost the weekend and I am so excited to work on my shop and do a little online shopping:) I already did a little bit of that earlier this week on Jane.com, and I found some adorable stuff! I got these adorable shorts for $8.99 and these adorable dog tags for Sophie! I ALMOST bought one of these Harry Potter mugs, but decided that I had already bought too much as of late:) If you have never been to Jane.com, you need to go asap because they have the best deals and they are only around for a short period of time! I picked out some of my favorite deals for this week below!
I picked out some of my favorite deals for this week below!
- Vaseline Lip Therapy- My lips have been SUPER dry lately. Although it is a little sticky feeling, it makes my lips feel SO much better and it lasts for hours! If you don’t love sticky feeling lips you could also try Carmex chapstick- it is also fantastic for dry lips!
- Burts Bees Lip Shimmer: I have the rhubarb shade and I LOVE it! I love that it gives you that burt’s bees tingle and a little color at the same time. There is nothing worse than putting lipstick or gloss on over chapstick and having it not stay on!
- Eucerin Intensive Repair- Great for dry skin! I use this on my hands mostly, but I also use it on the rest of my body if I get dry spots.
- BBW True Blue Spa Shea Cashmere hand cream- Smells like heaven. It leaves your hands feeling all silky and smelling amazing!
- NYC City Proof Twistable Crayon- I have the Riverside Rose shade. I love all of the crayons, but this color is my new spring favorite!
- Maybelline Instant Age Rewind Eraser- Yes, I realize I am in my 20s and don’t need age rewind lol, but this stuff is amazing for dark circles under the eyes! That’s really the only place I used it, but it is a miracle worker! (I have the medium shade.)
- L’Oreal true match- I love how light weight it is, it doesn’t even feel like you have put make up on. I don’t do cakey, thick foundations that don’t let your skin breathe! (My shade: w3 nude beige)
- Mary Kay Gel Eyeliner- I can’t link to the exact one because they don’t have an online shop, but if you have a friend who sells it, get some! This is the Maybelline version of it.
- YSL Mascara- I just got some of this in my Influenster box and I am in LOVE! It makes my lashes look even longer than they already do and it doesn’t clump and get all funky. Yes, funky is a very technical term….
- Ponds Face cream- My mom has been using this stuff for years and she swears by it. I love that it makes my face soft without over oiling it.