My husband loves lemon. He’s not really in to sweets at all, unless it’s lemon. That’s great for me. When I make a chocolate cake, it’s all mine. Chocolate chip cookies? Mine too. But, lemon bars….ohhh goodness, those he’ll eat. Especially these. They aren’t regular lemon bars, I personally think they are better. It’s a gooey, delicious, kind of cakey, impossible to explain, delightfully delicious dessert. Not to mention they are SO easy. Add two ingredients to a bowl, mix, and you’re pretty much done!
- 1 can lemon pie filling
- 1 box angel food cake
- Optional: powdered sugar
- Put the lemon pie filling and angel food cake mix into a big bowl.
- Stir with a spoon until fully mixed. Do not use an electric mixer- it will mix too much!
- Spread in to a greased cake pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes*.
- Cake will rise in oven, but will fall when cooling, this is what it’s supposed to do.
- Once the cake has cooled you can sprinkle it with powdered sugar and cut in to squares.
*The timing on this really depends on what consistency you want your bars to be. If you prefer a cake-like consistency leave them in for a few more minutes (up to 25). If you prefer a gooier consistency (this is how I like them), bake them for less time (18-20 minutes depending on your oven).*