I went through about 24 years of life having never really worn a scarf for anything other than the good old purpose of staying warm. 2012 comes around…and so does good old Charming Charlie…now a year later I have a HUGE collection of scarves, and an obsession just as big:) I never realized exactly what I was missing out on, I mean I had no idea that just a little ol’ scarf could make your entire outfit come alive! Now that I have this ever growing collection of scarves, I have found some pretty cool ways to tie them. See below for directions on how to tie each of these masterpieces!
1. The Basic Knot– Just tie a knot in the middle of your scarf and you are good to go! Easy, but still cute!
2. The Double Wrapped Infinity- Tie a knot in hour scarf near the end. Then wrap the scarf around your head again for the doubled over effect.
3. The Kerchief– Grab scarf by opposite corners instead of the ends, place scarf on backwards and then pull the ends back around to the front. By using the corners instead of the flat edges, you get a more full look.
4. The Infinity– Tie a knot in your scarf near the end and pull the knot about half way up to your neck!
5. The Belted Scarf– Put your scarf around your neck. Spread it out a little across your chest area. Put a belt around your waits/over the scarf. Ta da!
6. The Double Loop– Fold your scarf in half to make a loop. Pull the opposite end of the scarf into that loop. (Should look like #9) Then twist the loop around once and pull the end though once more.
7. Seeing Double– Take two scarves and twist them together, then fold them in half to form a loop. Pull the opposite end of the scarf into that loop.
8. The Bow– I find it easiest to do this one when it is not on me already. I usually loop is around something like my bed post and just tie a bow. Easy as that.
9. The Loop– Fold your scarf in half to make a loop. Pull the opposite end of the scarf into that loop.
10. Twisty Loop– Twist your scarf until it starts to twirl around itself. Then do the loop. (#9)
If you have any questions about how to tie any of these scarves leave me a comment and I will try to explain as best I can. It’s hard to communicate scarf tying…haha!
Do you know of any other awesome ways to tie a scarf?
Here are some scarves I am loving right now!
I’m always looking for different ways to wear scarves. Very timely. Pinned it!
Glad to hear it! I love scarves and I am always trying out different ways to tie them so that I don’t get bored!
Love this post! It’s a must-bookmark so I can shake up my scarves; always looking for new ways to style ’em.
Thanks, Ashley! There are even more ways to style them too! I love scarves:)
I love wearing my scarves belted! I’m definitely trying #6 and #7. So fun!
Thanks, Charlotte! Belted is probably one of my favorites too!
Love, this is so great! Thanks for sharing!
Thanks, Jacqueline! I’m so glad you liked it:)
Love this! I’ve pinned as reference for the not-so-distant future cooler weather…oh who am I kidding, this is Texas! I’ll have to wait for the three days in mid January that I can wear a scarf – but by golly, I’ll know how to wear it 10 different ways. 😉
Haha! Thanks! I wear them anyways….I won’t lie to you. I sweat it out. Haha!
Oh, this is such a great post! I just bought a new scarf today and I’m eager to try these out. The Bow might be my favorite
The bow is ABSOLUTELY my favorite! I love that it can dress up even a plain T shirt!
Oh my goodness, this is HELPFUL. so adorable too. I am in love with scarves and I wear one just about every day. Love it.
I’m glad you like it! I love my scarves and it always nice to be able to change it up!
Great post. I love way number 5!!
Thank you! The bow is my favorite:)
I love belting my scarfs! It works really well with infinity scarves as well. I got the idea from my cousins outfit here: http://allthatglittersisgold.net/2013/07/19/plain-and-simple/
I tend to always wear mine # 3 style; but I LOVE the look of # 5!
Well, now you have a bunch of ways to wear it!
I am obsessed with scarves!! I already have tried basic knot, the kerchief, belted scarf and now it is the time to check the loop and seeing double. Thank you Megan for sharing such an interesting styles.
You are very welcome! I am always looking for new ways! Let me know if you have any I haven’t shared!
Great Tips , Thanks for sharing I am always wearing scarf
You are so welcome! I am always looking for more great ways to tie a scarf too:)
Appreciate this post. Let me try it out.