I have seen this recipe floating around Pinterest a lot lately, and decided that I needed to give it a try! I have to say I was a little worried that it would turn into a Pinterest Fail…but it was SO good and SO easy! I would say it is definitely a Pinterest win!
One Pot Tomato Basil Pasta:
- 1 box fettuccine pasta
- 1 package cherry tomatoes
- 1 onion
- 4 cloves garlic
- 32oz vegetable broth
- 8oz frozen spinach
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Basil and Oregano to taste
Step by step:
- Cut cherry tomatoes in half, dice onions, and thinly slice garlic
- Break pasta in half and place in large pan
- Place all cut vegetables in same pan
- Pour your spinach into pan (no need to thaw)
- Pour in vegetable broth and olive oil
- Season with basil and oregano
- Turn up the heat so that the concoction is boiling
- Stir every few minutes, but never let it stop boiling
- Once the mixture has boiled down completely, it is ready!
This is fabulously simple! You literally let it boil for 10-15 minutes and the starches from the pasta, as well as the tomatoes, etc. form this amazing sauce! I will definitely being doing this again soon!
Now, for the bread in the last picture! I went to HEB and bought a ciabatta loaf and spread butter on it. (I was going to use garlic butter, but HEB didn’t have any. I would have gone elsewhere, but it was a lazy Sunday…and it was Harry Potter weekend on ABC Family…I wasn’t going anywhere else.) I thinly sliced a little garlic and put it on top of the butter. I then put some sliced tomatoes and real mozzarella slices on top and baked it in the oven until it was a little crispy and the cheese was melted. This was ALSO fantastic!
Not to toot my own horn or anything…but I am a damn good cook when Pinterest gives me the recipe:) Haha! I hope you all enjoy and FOR SURE give it a try!
Oh, and a great big HAPPY BIRTHDAY to Groopdealz! If you haven’t checked them out, YOU SHOULD! They are having a HUGE giveaway for their birthday so you should CLICK HERE to go enter!