Chili is one of my favorite cold weather recipes. I could eat it pretty much every day and usually do after I make a big pot full! It’s so hard to cook for just Wes and I, I ALWAYS over do it and make too much. Thankfully I’m a leftovers kind of gal and I go home for my lunch break so this chili will be my lunch for the rest of the week:)
Usually I make my chili with ground beef, but if you read this post last week, you’ll know that I’m really trying to be good to myself this year and ground turkey is much better for you:) So, turkey it is! It’s a super easy recipe and can be made in pretty much one pot!
- 2 pounds Ground turkey
- 3-4 large tomatoes, chopped (or 2 cans diced tomatoes no salt added)
- 2 cans chili beans
- 1 bell pepper, diced
- 1-2 cups of organic tomato juice (depending on how thick or thin you like it)
- 2 tsp hot sauce
- 1 jalapeno
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Basil and oregano to taste
- chili powder to taste
- Start by chopping up all of your veggies and having them ready to go.
- Start cooking your ground turkey in your big chili pot.
- Once the meat is half done, add in your chopped veggies (all except the tomatoes).
- Cook on stovetop until meat is fully done.
- Add tomatoes, chili beans, tomato juice, hot sauce, and seasonings.
- Simmer for about 25 minutes or until pipping hot.
See? It’s that easy! Now, go ahead add it to your list of skinny meals for the week! Tasty and only about 250 calories, who can beat that?