Thinking about the 4th of July makes me all giddy inside. It is my absolute favorite holiday. People think I’m weird because Christmas is everyone else’s favorite…..There is just something about the summer sun, lake water, the smell of sunscreen, and a little bit of sangria that makes me grin from ear to ear. Christmas is great and all, if you like all that cold weather stuff…but 4th of July is where its at:) Today’s recipe inspiration came from a photo I saw on Pinterest if watermelon pieces cut into stars. I mean, how genius is that? I decided I needed a red, white, and blue cocktail with these watermelon stars on a stick for some added flair! It turned out pretty awesome if I don’t say so my self!
- 1 bottle of white wine
- Triple Sec
- Sparkling Wine or club soda
- First, you are going to want to cut up your fruit. Slice the strawberries and throw them into a big mixing bowl. Add the blueberries. To make watermelon stars, slice your watermelon and use a star cookie cutter to cut out the shapes. Throw those on in the bowl too! (Save a few stars for your garnish!)
- Next add about 2 shots of vodka (More if you have a LOT of fruit) and a shot of triple sec. Mix this up with the fruit. If your fruit isn’t mostly covered, add more!
- Refirgerate this concoction for a couple of hours until the fruit has soaked up a bit of the liquor.
- Put the fruit into a carafe or pitcher, add white wine, and sparkling wine or club soda.
- Put one of your un-soaked stars onto a kebob skewer and place it in your drink!
- VOILA! Star spangled, red, white, and blue Sangria!
I hope you all enjoy! I’m going to go dream about the 4th of July and wish it was closer than 2 weeks away:)