Halloween is one of my absolute favorite holidays! I love the costumes and the decorations, but most of all I love the food! (Yes, there I go again about food!) I saw these gummy teeth at Target last week and I knew exactly what I wanted to do with them: Zombies!! Walking Dead anyone?! They are super easy to make and the neighbors I gave them to just LOVED them! Let me give you some fair waning though: food coloring+any shirt you like=bad news. Don’t do it! Directions:
- Make your Halloween funfetti cupcakes. I made mine with unsweetened applesauce instead of oil. Can’t even taste the difference!
- Let your cupcakes cool once they are baked.
- Frost with any white frosting.
- Mix a little bit of the frosting with some red food color. Add a little bit of water as well until you have a good “splatter” consistency!
- Practice splattering your red frosting. I did this in my sink to avoid a mess. (That didn’t work, lol!)
- You will want as little red frosting on your spoon as possible. If there is too much your blood will clump and not look real!
- Find a safe place (I did this outside) to splatter your cupcakes!
- Add gummy teeth…they also had gummy brains as well which would be fun too!
- Eat! Yum!
I hope you enjoy making these as much as I did! Like I said earlier, don’t wear something you love…because you will get red on it! Haha! Happy Halloween week!