I really think fall food is the best food. The smells, the flavors…I just love recipes with apples, pumpkins, and let’s be honest, if it goes into a crock pot I am there! This time of year is such a rough time for those of us trying to eat healthy, but I found a really great paleo version of pumpkin bread and that just makes me smile! I am not going to lie to you…this pumpkin bread is still the best pumpkin bread I have ever tasted, but the recipe I’m about to share is paleo, has less sugar, and still tastes spectacular! Plus, BONUS, it has chocolate in it!
- 5 eggs
- 1/4 cup ghee
- 1/2 cup coconut or almond flour
- 1/2 cup tapioca starch
- 1/2 cup palm sugar
- 2/3 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp coconut milk
- 3 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4-1/2 cup chocolate chips- I use this kind, they ares non-dairy, gluten and soy free..and they’re super good!
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- Heat up your oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray or line your bread pans.
- Melt your butter.
- Mix all ingredients except for the chocolate chips and coconut oil.
- Pour into your bread pan(s).
- Melt your chocolate chips and coconut oil together in the microwave or on the stove.
- Pour chocolate over the top of the pumpkin bread batter,
- Swirl the chocolate in to the pumpkin bread with a knife.
- Bake for 35-45 minutes depending on the size of your bread pan(s).
- Use a toothpick to test the bread. if you stick it all the way in and nothing comes out on the toothpick, your bread is done!
I love the addition of the chocolate in this one…it gives it a little extra something something:) I had a terrible sweet tooth yesterday and this hit the spot just right! Let me know if you happen to try it in the comments below!