I had a fantastic weekend! Wes and I went to Galveston with my best friend and her husband so that we could run our half marathon. Friday night we stayed up late catching up on each others lives and having some drinks. Saturday we explored the city, picked up our race day things, and laid on the beach. I had forgotten how much I love the ocean. Galveston isn’t nearly as nice as Florida, but it’s still a beach and it’s still the ocean. It was fantastic! Sunday morning came WAY too soon…I guess that’s what you get for not going to bed early the night before your half marathon. Lol! Heather and I did great! We finished the race and in pretty good time for our first race ever. I am so proud of us for making it through even though we only started to run 6 months ago! No judgements on the picture, we just ran 13.1 miles! Haha!
The Diva’s run was SO much fun. It was almost exclusively ladies and a lot of them were wearing tutus and costumes. There was music, champagne, crowns, and boas…and our medals were pink and sparkly. Best race ever.
This was the pier on the ocean while we were running. It was perfect running weather, cloudy and a little windy. It could have been JUST a little less humid though.
Our half marathon starts off my list of 30 things I want to do before I turn 30. I have seen a bunch of these around the blogging world, and with my 27th birthday coming up in June I figured now was a perfect time to make one.
Run a Half Marathon
- Go on a cruise
- Re-learn how to play the guitar
- Start writing a book
- Take a photography class
- Wizarding World of Harry Potter
Paddle board yoga
- Start an Etsy business
- Sew a dress that’s worthy of wearing
- Anti-gravity yoga
- Freelance write for an online publication
- Buy a house
- Get into the best shape of my life
- Rid my life of things that aren’t useful, beautiful, or sentimental
- Have a completely internet free weekend with the husband
- Invest in the stock market
- Splurge on something I reallllly want no matter the cost
- Read 20 books
- Run a mile in 9 minutes
- Knit something
- Grow my own vegetable
- Put up Christmas lights on my house
- Make a trip to London and Paris
- Go paintballing
- Learn basic Spanish (again)
- Have a dinner party
- Take a hot air balloon ride
- Sleep under the stars in my backyard
- See a live performance at the Grand Ole Opry
I’m really excited to cross more off of the list! Have you started a bucket list for yourself?