My dog, Sophie, is a huge part of my life. I mean, really…look at that face…how could you not love that little nugget! She is my pride and joy and I am a proud puppy Momma….so while sitting around thinking of something to write the other night, I starting thinking about all of the crazy things we dog owners do for our pets….and thus was born:
You know you have a dog when…
1. You give up doing extremely important things. I don’t want to get up to pee, the dog is so comfortable on my lap right now. If I get up, they’ll have to move and be uncomfortable. We can’t have that can we?
2. You contort into strange positions. Maybe if I lean to the side 45 degrees and crane my neck around and then type with just the tips of my fingers I’ll be able to see the computer AROUND the dog that is laying half on top of it.
3. Food mess becomes non existent. Oh shit, I dropped spaghetti sauce. Here Doggie! Come get it! Yummy food! All clean and no harm done.
4. The doorbell is your worst nightmare. Someone walks up to the door….*oh no* Tries to hurdle over every item in the room to get to the door before the…..*ding dong* *dog barks uncontrollably* door bell….
5. You spell words instead of saying them. Want to go for a W-A-L-K? Do we have any T-R-E-A-T-S? I think it’s in the C-A-R.
6. You give up valuable sleep real estate. Your pillow, your blanket, your half of the bed, wherever and however she wants to sleep…..she sleeps….
7. You have a scapegoat. Someone farted? It was the dog. You’re not bored with your friends, you just have to go home and let the dog out. Your house isn’t usually this messy….it was the dog. <wink wink>
8. You have spent an entire night at the Emergency vet because your dog is sick, may have eaten a scorpion, or consumes an entire bag of chocolate. It’s just too bad they don’t understand human talk. That would just be too simple…
9. The camera in your house that is supposed to be used for home security purposes, turns in to a way to spy on your dog while you’re not home. I wonder what my dog is doing right now? Let’s have a look!
10. Your little heart is just full. Who could resist those eyes and that little face? They are the sweetest thing in your life and your heart couldn’t be more full of love:)